Beachbody finally released on demand, steaming HD videos and I became an instant user. After trying out, reviewing and buying nearly every one of Beachbody’s fitness workouts, it’s exciting to be able to finally access my favorite home fitness workouts via steaming video. This is my Beachbody on Demand Review after using it for a few months.
If you are already a Beachbody fan and looking to find new ways to get your fitness fix – or are new to Beachbody – read ahead as this review covers just about everything (the good and the bad) about Beachbody on Demand.
Disclosure: I am affiliated with Beachbody and this post may contain affiliate links I earn a small commission from. That said, I use Beachbody products myself every day and recommend them to my closest family and friends as a life changer!
Team Beachbody Club
First, I’m going to explain what the Team Beachbody Club is, because you need to become a member to access Beachbody on Demand. You can become a Club member for free (for 30 days) when you purchase a Challenge Pack. After your trial membership, you will be automatically billed $38.87 quarterly, which works out to $12.95 monthly or $155.48 a year. You don’t need to buy a fitness program to stream from Beachbody on Demand, but you do need a Club membership.
What do you get with your Team Beachbody Club Membership?
- Unlimited streaming videos
- New videos monthly
- Sample video sneak peek workouts
- 10% off all Beachbody products
- Personalized meal plans, nutrition tips and recipes
- VIP access to celebrity trainers with videos, Live chat Q&A sessions and motivational articles
- Advice & community support via Message Board access
- Access to Beachbody’s online SuperGym where you can keep a schedule of your workouts and progress
What videos are included with Beachbody on Demand?
You will have access to hundreds of Beachbody’s most well-known videos–over $3,000 worth. There’s no need for a DVD player or carrying around workout programs! With Beachbody on Demand, you have their version of Netflix, with unlimited streaming HD videos available on your TV, laptop, tablet or Smart phone. You can access the videos through the Beachbody on Demand app (there is no app for IOS or Android at this time), which you will need to download OR through your Internet browser by logging in to club.teambeachbody.com.
This is a great option for people who want A LOT of variety in their workouts because you get access to some of the best Beachbody programs in their library without paying for each program individually.
- INSANITY: The Asylum (Vol. 1, Vol. 2)
- Tony One-on-One (Vol. 1) (Vol. 2, Vol. 3)
- ChaLEAN Extreme
- Brazil Butt Lift
- 10-Minute Trainer
- Hip Hop Abs
- Tai Cheng
- Rev Abs, Rockin Body, Shaun T Dance Party
- Turbo Jam
- Yoga Booty Ballet
- Insider sneak peek videos of PiYo, 21 Day Fix, Body Beast, FOCUS T25 and more
Can I download videos?
Unfortunately, No. You cannot access videos without an Internet connection. Videos are streaming, so you need a good internet connection and if you are using your phone, a good mobile data plan or WiFi. If you are using WiFi, you will need to make sure video streaming is enabled because sometimes you will find hotels disable access to streaming video.
Can I get new videos?
Yes and no. Beachbody on Demand has a HUGE list of available videos, but if you want to stream some of the new programs, you will still have to purchase the DVD.
If you are a Premium Club member, you will be able to stream videos you purchased such as 21 Day Fix, 21Day Fix Extreme, Body Beast, FOCUS T25, INSANITY MAX:30 P90 and Piyo.
I’m sure at some point, Beachbody will make all videos available as newer programs roll out.
Beachbody on Demand is awesome if you…
- Get bored with the same workout programs
- Want a great value and LOTS of videos for a small price (the price of buying just one program)
- Want to workout anywhere you have Internet service (park, rooftop, while traveling)
- Don’t want to pay for shipping!
- Don’t want to wait for things in the mail (start your video right away!)
- You like to mix and match your workout programs
Beachbody on Demand isn’t for you IF…
- You have trouble streaming videos
- You prefer owning your videos, or you want only the new fitness programs.
- If you travel a lot like I do, I’ve found that hotel WiFi often doesn’t stream videos well, which is why I always bring backup DVDs. Also beware of streaming video with your Smartphone/tablet/device as it can kill your data plan! Always check to make sure you are on WiFi before hitting play.
That said, if you don’t have issues using Netflix, you won’t have issues with Beachbody on Demand and I still highly recommend it.